Mairi Manzil

Blog about Business, Technology, Education & Training, Career, Sport, Health, Fitness and Lifestyle

Ironman 2019 Muscat, Oman 70.3

IRONMAN 70.3 OMAN 2019
Ironman 2019 Muscat, Oman 70.3 

1st March 2019 was the Historic event for Oman. The first ever Marathon in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman organized by Ironman. Announcement was done in June 2018, when and it was happiest moment for many triathletes in Oman. 

Ironman 2019

Ironman 70.3 Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. Ironman 2020 Muscat, Oman will be on 21 Feb 2020 in Beautiful City of Muscat, which is 400 KM from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Ironman Races in Oman

First Triathlon organized by Ironman was an olympic distance triathlon called  5i50 which was launched on 2nd November 2018 where unexpectedly many triathletes participated and event was a great success.

I updated my social media post as;


"1st March 2019. Ready for Ironman 70.3 Oman. BIB#556 First time in Oman. More than 1000 participants from 65 countries. Representing #pakistan aiming peace in #Kashmir.
Live tracker on #Ironman tracker app
Live Coverage on Facebook (#ironmanOman and a Ironman pages)
Race start 6:30 AM
Plan to Finish before 1:00 pm
1.9km swim, 90km Bike, 21km run @ Shatti Qurum Beach."


I specially thank Muhmmed Obaidani together with Ironman team announced that bigger event will take place with full preparation and better facilities will be provided to triatheletes.

Ironman 70.3 where 70.3 means total miles of the race that includes 1.9 KM Swimming, 90KM Cycling and 21KM (Half Marathon) Running that athletes had to complete in 8 hours and 30 minutes with different cutt off for all three events within the race.

Many winners from Oman qualified for the world championship.

First Ever Ironman 70.3 Race


IRONMAN 70.3 OMAN
I am Oman Residant and this was first race in Oman and my first Ironman 70.3. My target time was 8 hours but I managed to finish this race in  6 hrs 30 minutes.

The race started with 1.9 KM swim from Intercon beach near Costa Coffee.

Qurum Beach, where we had our bicycles mounted. We took the bikes and headed towards 18th November street and took u turn to use Qurum Heights road, then followed Old Muttrah, Al Bustan, Wadi Kabir, ruwi and then followed Hamriya towards Al Amerat, We continued upto Al Amerat Police station and turned back to Sultan Qaboos Highway, towards Intercontinental Hotel Muscat. Cycling finished at kebab round about, I completed in 3 hours and 25 minutes. Then immediately took my running gears and completed my start my run. 
IRONMAN 70.3 OMAN ResultThe run was on Qurum Corniche/Bridge 4 laps of 5KM and then ended in Qurum Park. I managed to keep my pace less than  6 minutes per KM and completed my Half Marathon in 2 hours 20 minutes. 
This was my first ever Ironman 70.3, and I am very happy that I got the title and medal and completed the race before my target time. 
I am waiting for Ironman 70.3 in Muscat 2020 where I will again participate. 



Swim finished a Qurum Beach well known kebab round about, I completed my swimming  with PB i.e; in 45 minutes.



My plan is to participate in 2021 for Full Ironman. which needs more training....
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget